Summer weddings can be beautiful, but they can also be hot and uncomfortable for your guests. As the host, it’s your responsibility to ensure that your guests are comfortable and happy throughout the day.
Here are some ideas for keeping your wedding guests cool in the summer:
- Provide shaded areas: Set up tents, umbrellas, or canopies in outdoor areas to provide shade for your guests. This will give them a break from the sun and allow them to cool down.
- Have refreshing drinks available: Serve plenty of ice water, lemonade, and other refreshing drinks. You can also offer iced tea, fruit juice, and other cold beverages to keep your guests hydrated and cool.
- Provide handheld fans: Provide handheld fans for your guests to use during the ceremony or reception. These can be personalized with your wedding date and make great favors for guests to take home.
- Offer cooling towels: Provide small, damp towels for guests to use on their necks and faces to cool down. These can be stored in a cooler or ice bucket and passed out as needed.
- Set up misting stations: Misting stations can be a fun way to cool down your guests. These can be set up around the venue and spray a fine mist of water to cool down guests as they pass by.
- Consider the dress code: Choose lightweight and breathable fabrics for your wedding attire, and encourage your guests to do the same. Consider a more casual dress code to allow for comfortable and cooler clothing options.
- Time of the ceremony and reception: Consider scheduling your ceremony and reception during cooler times of the day. Early morning or evening weddings may be cooler and more comfortable for your guests.
By incorporating these ideas, you can help keep your guests cool and comfortable throughout your summer wedding. Remember to stay hydrated, wear sunscreen, and take breaks in the shade to ensure everyone has a great time. If a summertime wedding isn’t what you looking for then the Historic Alfred I. duPont Building is the perfect place for your downtown Miami event.
Featured image: Danielle Brooks & Dennis Gelin Wedding