Ah, autumn! The season when the world transforms into a beautiful palette of golden yellows, fiery reds, and deep oranges. As the leaves start to turn and the temperatures begin to cool, many couples find this season the perfect time to celebrate their love. If you’re hosting a fall party or a wedding at The Historic Alfred I. duPont Building, your drink menu can be a brilliant way to add a touch of autumn elegance. Here are some autumn-inspired cocktail ideas to warm hearts and raise a toast on your special day.
Spiced Apple Cider Mimosa Ingredients:
- 1 part spiced apple cider
- 1 part champagne or sparkling wine
- Cinnamon stick for garnish Instructions: Combine cider and champagne in a champagne flute. Stir gently and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Pumpkin Pie Martini Ingredients:
- 2 oz vanilla vodka
- 1 oz pumpkin spice liqueur
- 1 oz Irish cream
- Cinnamon and sugar for rim Instructions: Mix vodka, pumpkin spice liqueur, and Irish cream in a shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass rimmed with cinnamon and sugar.
Cranberry Bourbon Fizz Ingredients:
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 0.5 oz lime juice
- Ginger beer Instructions: Mix bourbon, cranberry juice, and lime juice in a glass filled with ice. Top off with ginger beer and stir gently.
Pear and Thyme Prosecco Ingredients:
- 1 ripe pear (pureed)
- A sprig of thyme
- Prosecco or any sparkling wine Instructions: Fill one-third of a champagne flute with pear puree. Add a sprig of thyme. Top with Prosecco and stir gently.
Maple Old Fashioned Ingredients:
- 2 oz bourbon or rye whiskey
- 0.5 oz pure maple syrup
- 2-3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Orange peel for garnish Instructions: Combine whiskey, maple syrup, and bitters in a glass. Stir gently. Garnish with a twist of orange peel.
Autumn Sangria Ingredients:
- 1 bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot works great)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2-3 apples, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- Cinnamon sticks Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and let it sit in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours, preferably overnight. Serve chilled.
Hazelnut Espresso Martini Ingredients:
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz coffee liqueur
- 1 oz hazelnut liqueur (like Frangelico)
- 1 oz fresh espresso Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a few coffee beans.
Incorporating the flavors of the season into your wedding cocktails not only makes your drink menu memorable but also adds a cozy and festive touch to the celebrations. Whether you’re a fan of pumpkin, apple, cranberry, or any other autumnal flavor, there’s a cocktail that’ll perfectly match your autumn wedding vibes. Cheers to love and the splendor of fall! 🍁🍸